Glycolic Acid is the most effective, clinically-proven AHA. It has several effects on the skinthat can help to rejuvinate it, awakening the complexion and leaving skin soft with more youthful appearance. These include:
- Exfoliation;bonds between older skin cells in the epidermis and broken down, allowing them to fall away.
- Hydration; our natural moisturising factors are reinvigorated, causing us to produce more.
- Stimulation; the entire epidermis is stimulated causing the generation of new, fresh skin cells and normalising the structure and function of the skin.
- Firming; the density of collagen and elastin in the dermis (the fibres that make skin appear firmer) is increased, helping to improve the elasticity of the skin.
Glycolic acid can also help to address more specific skin conditions such as pigmentation and acne by:
- Clearing and closing pores, and improving the appearance of spots.
- Reducing the amount of melanin in skin cells; melanin is what darkens the skin, so any reduction in its presence will help to lighten darker areas.
The Aestheticare Exfoliating Peels are highly advanced because not only do they contain high levels of glycolic acid, but they also contain taurine to make them more comfortable for you. Taurine is an amino acid that helps to mitigate the potential negative effects of a glycolic peel, such as redness and irritation, without impacting on the positive work that the glycolic acid is doing.
|Glycolic Peel – 40%||£45|
|Alpha Beta Peel – 50%||£48|
|Glycolic Peel – 70%||£55|